In celebration of Georgia Tech’s 134-year-old fraternity and sorority community, the Fraternal Excellence Awards is an annual celebration of Georgia Tech’s Fraternity and Sorority Life. The ceremony provides community members and chapters an opportunity to be recognized by their peers and acknowledged for their hard work. Awards are presented by the department, all four governing councils, and leadership organizations within Fraternity and Sorority Life. Attire is dressy with a dessert reception to follow.
The Fraternal Excellence Awards ceremony is also under the umbrella of Student Celebration Week! Launched in 2020, units from the Division of Student Engagement & Well-Being, Institute Communications, and the Office of Graduate Studies collaborate to bring together unique student recognition ceremonies to create a cohesive Student Celebration Week. This week honors all of our students who champion campus engagement and help build a thriving GT community through their leadership, service, and scholarship. Learn more about Student Celebration Week at studentawards.gatech.edu.
April 11, 2023
Fraternity Member of the Year
- 2022: Benji Pujanski, Delta Chi
- 2021: Benjamin Trimpe, Phi Gamma Delta
- 2020: John Butler III, Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc.
Sorority Member of the Year
- 2022: Jordan Cheney, Kappa Alpha Theta
- 2021: Brigit Joyce, Kappa Alpha Theta
- 2020: Maggie May, Kappa Alpha Theta
House Corporation Member of the Year
- 2022: Sean Conrad, Delta Chi
- 2021: Theta Xi House Corporation
- 2020: Matthew Cannon, Pi Kappa Phi and Chris Usry-Arnold, Alpha Gamma Delta
Outstanding Alumni Advisor of the Year
- 2022: Jocelyn Law, Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.
- 2021: Alpha Gamma Delta Advisory Board
- 2020: Dr. Lynda Waller, Alpha Delta Pi