Collegiate Panhellenic Council (CPC) sororities offer opportunities for membership throughout the year, however the most opportunities for membership happen during Primary Rercruitment which occurs a few days prior to the start of Fall semester classes. Students not interested or not able to participate in Primary Recruitment may also have opportunities throughout the Fall and Spring semesters to join a CPC chapter through Associate Recruitment or Continuous Open Bidding (COB). It is important to note that not all sororities will participate in COB.
Registration for 2021 Primary Recruitment is required along with a $40 fee: gtcpc.mycampusdirector2.com
At the start of Primary recruitment, potential new members (PNMs) are paired with a Recruitment Counselor - a collegiate woman who disassociates from her organization to help PNMs throughout the recruitment process. During Primary Recruitment, you will have the opportunity to narrow down your preferences of sororities each day and so will the chapters, making it a "mutual selection process." Signing up and participating in Primary Recruitment does not obligate you to join a chapter at the end of the process.
- August 14 or 15: First-year move-in
- August 16 at 2pm: Primary Recruitment registration deadline
- August 16 at 3pm: mandatory Potential New Member Orientation, virtual via Zoom
- August 18: Second-year and transfer move-in
- August 19 9am-noon: Primary Recruitment Round 1, students will meet with their Recruitment Counselor groups to view 10 chapter videos and select preferences
- August 20 all day: Primary Recruitment Round 2, in-person conversations at a maximum of 6 houses
- August 21 all day: Primary Recruitment Round 3: in-person conversations at a maximum of 4 houses
- August 22 all day: Primary Recruitment Preference Round: in-person conversations at a maximum of 2 houses
- August 23: Bid Day and first day of Fall semester classes
Masks or face coverings are highly encouraged for all recruitment activities.
CPC also oversees two associate member sororities that do not participate in the Primary Recruitment process: Alpha Delta Chi and Alpha Omega Epsilon. The associate member recruitment process is held after Primary Recruitment in the Fall and during the second week of classes in the Spring. Associate Recruitment events are hosted by the individual sororities. Women who accept a bid to a chapter in the Primary Recruitment process are not eligible to participate in Associate Recruitment.
Continuous Open Bidding
Anyone wishing to withdraw after starting the Primary Recruitment process or has been released may elect to sign up for Continuous Open Bidding (COB), which will allow you to potentially pursue options of joining a chapter later in the Fall or Spring semester through a less structured process. Anyone interested insubmitting their name for COB may fill out the COB Interest Form.
The opportunity to join through COB only takes place when an individual chapter falls below 'total' chapter size; which can happen for a variety of reasons. Total is the allowable chapter size as determined by CPC, and includes both new and initiated members. The purpose of total is to provide for growth of the CPC community and parity among the chapters, and to allow for the maximun number of women to participate in the sorority experience. The individual chapters with membership opportunities will be responsible for communicating the details out to the campus and potential members.