Greek Emerging Leaders is an 8-week cohort based program facilitated by Fraternity & Sorority Life staff. The program is designed to give newly initiated members the tools to amplify their impact and leadership potential within their chapter, council, and greater community.
The experience is divided into four pillars of Leadership:
1. Exploring Leadership
2. Embracing Diversity and Community
3. Managing Complexities
4. Living Your Values through Rituals and Service
Greek Emerging Leaders kicks off on Saturday, January 16th at 9am in the Ferst Theater at the Engage2021 Symposium hosted by the Center for Student Engagement. Following the initial kickoff, we will meet weekly for 8 weeks on Tuesdays from 4:30-5:30pm on BlueJeans.
Please see the schedule below:
· January 16, 2021 @ 9:00am: Emerging Leaders Kick-off in the Ferst Theater
· January 26, 2021 @ 4:30pm: Exploring your Strengths with Dr. Gerome Stephens
· February 2, 2021 @ 4:30pm: Small Cohort Meeting, Pillar 1
· February 9, 2021 @ 4:30pm: Blackballed, The Black and White Politics of Race with Lawrence Ross
· February 16, 2021 @ 4:30pm: Small Cohort Meeting, Pillar 2
· February 23, 2021 @ 4:30pm: Crucial Conversations with Mattie Smyth
· March 2, 2021 @ 4:30pm: Small Cohort Meeting, Pillar 3
· March 9, 2021 @ 4:30pm: Living Your Values through Ritual and Service with Dr. Jamison Keller
· March 16, 2021 @ 4:30pm: Small Cohort Meeting, Pillar 4
· April 3, 2021 @ TBD: In person recognition at Fraternal Excellence Awards ceremony
All partipants will recieve supplemental books and materials for each pillar of the program.