The Greek Neighborhood Association (GNA) operates as the checks and balance system for our Greek letter organizations that have property on campus. Of our 55 chapters within the Greek community, 36 have a physical location in the Greek Sector. There is a are mix of privately owned and leased properties. Therefore, while they are close in proximity to many Georgia Tech academic and athletic buildings, many are privately owned and operated. The GNA helps to regulate facility maintenance and upkeep through accountability. The GNA seeks to provide incentives for chapters who keep their facilities up to standards, and will continue with punitive measures for those groups that do not follow agreed-upon expectations. The group is made up of student leaders called House Managers who help to foster greater community and campus relations, and organizes facilities-related programs within the Greek Sector.
The Association body is comprised of the house manager from each fraternity and sorority that owns or resides in a facility. The Co-Chairs of the GNA are appointed by the IFC and CPC, and serve an annual term. The GNA assumes a duty and responsibility to: develop and enforce policies and sanctions; sponsor and lead programs for recycling in the Greek community; develop positive incentives; and plan and coordinate GNA meetings once a month throughout the fall and spring semesters.
- GNA Policy
- Dumpster Usage Guidelines
- Office of Solid Waste Management and Recycling
- Greek Facility/Dumpster Map
- R = Greek Recycling Stations
- Dumpster numbers that have a shadow means they are a double unit dumpster
- Dumpster pick up is mandated by Waste Management, please contact their office with questions/concerns regarding this
- Wreck Lot:
- Requesting a temporary roll off dumpster: Temporary roll off dumpsters will be provided throughout the Greek Sector at the start of the fall semester, before homecoming, and during Move Out of the fall and spring semester. Exact dates will be sent
- Requesting a temporary recycling unit: http://recycle.gatech.edu/special-event-recycling-request